One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prediction of intestinal permeability.Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2002; 54: 273-289
- Direct in vivo human intestinal permeability (Peff) determined with different clinical perfusion and intubation methods.J Pharm Sci. 2015; 104: 2702-2726
- Analysis of drug transporter expression in human intestinal Caco-2 cells by real-time PCR.Fund Clin Pharmacol. 2007; 21: 659-663
- Aldrich S MDR1 knockout Caco-2 cells.(Available at:)
- MDCK (Madin–Darby canine kidney) cells: a tool for membrane permeability screening.J Pharm Sci. 1999; 88: 28-33
- Development of a new permeability assay using low-efflux MDCKII cells.J Pharm Sci. 2011; 100: 4974-4985
- Experimental and computational approaches to estimate solubility and permeability in drug discovery and development settings.Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 1997; 23: 3-25
- The impact of assay recovery on the apparent permeability, a function of lysosomal trapping.Xenobiotica. 2020; 50: 753-760
- Lysosomal sequestration (trapping) of lipophilic amine (cationic amphiphilic) drugs in immortalized human hepatocytes (Fa2N-4 cells).Drug Metab Dispos. 2013; 41: 897-905
- Developing a mechanistic absorption model to predict the pharmacokinetics of immediate-release weak base drugs with a long tmax by incorporating lysosomal trapping.Drug Metabol Pharmacokinet. 2018; 33: S63-S64
- Effect of bovine serum albumin on drug permeability estimation across Caco-2 monolayers.Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2002; 54: 319-324
- New Approaches to Studies of Paracellular Drug Transport in Intestinal Epithelial Cell Monolayers.Eklundshofs Grafiska, Uppsala2003
- Quantitative approaches to delineate paracellular diffusion in cultured epithelial cell monolayers.J Pharm Sci. 1994; 83: 1529-1536
- Prediction of passive intestinal absorption using bio-mimetic artificial membrane permeation assay and the paracellular pathway model.Int J Pharm. 2002; 241: 241-251
- Optimised method to estimate octanol water distribution coefficient (logD) in a high throughput format.Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016; 92: 110-116
- Fast calculation of molecular polar surface area as a sum of fragment-based contributions and its application to the prediction of drug transport properties.J Med Chem. 2000; 43: 3714-3717
- Drug permeability profiling using cell-free permeation tools: overview and applications.Eur J Pharm Sci. 2018; 119: 219-233
Conflicts of Interest: F.H., N.D., B.P., A.D., I.D.H. and B.F. are employees of Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research; N.V. was an employee of Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research; All other authors declared no competing interests for this work. All authors, except A.D. are stock owners of Novartis shares.
Research data used in preparation of this manuscript is available, contact the corresponding author.